Here at Novell, most of us developers were enjoying the Hackweek #5 last week. I decided to continue improving the Evolution maps integration I started some times ago. Last week I added the following new features:
- Define a postal address as the location of a meeting / appointment
- Show a meeting on a map if the location can be parsed as a postal address
- Show the selected contacts of an address book on a map
- Show all the different addresses of a single contact on a map
There are still some things to improve:
- The focus chain in the address dialog isn't completely correct
- Only US-formatted addresses are parsed in the location string. I started some generic parsing code based on regular expressions, but this is still not finished. Don't hesitate to send me a regexp to parse the postal addresses in your country!
Here are some screenshots for you to better see the features before they arrive on your desktop.
Location details dialog
The action to show the map of a meeting
Appointment location on a map
Map showing the addresses of a contact