I had no time to write a post for each new fix I made this week, then here is a summary of what happened. Don't blame me for providing screenshots only for some very visible points instead of every fix.
Changes tracking import
This was and is still a big area for improvement. I first fixed what I saw easily in some example documents but it's quite hard to find every single bug in there. If you find others, please don't hesitate to leave me a message or some issue either on IZ or Novell's bugzilla. Here is a list of what have been fixed for the changes tracking:
- When inserting a footnote or endnote, the imported redline was completely wrong
- When there are several changes on the same piece of text only one was imported
- The added / removed paragraphs weren't imported
- The changes weren't shown by default in OOo when opening a document with changes
- The changes weren't tracked in OOo as the documents settings weren't read at all. The settings.xml import has been fixed / started, but it currently handles only this property.
There are some points to be aware of if you want to try to find other changes tracking issues:
- Compare with what is imported by OOo when opening the same file in .doc: OOo doesn't support all the changes tracks of Word: checking what the .doc import does is a quick way to check if OOo can usually handle this kind of change.
- Open the "Review & Approve" dialog in OOo and compare these entries with the changes in Word: OOo isn't showing the changes in the same way than Word and there might be some display problems.
Page number alignement
There where problems of page numbers alignement in some cases: this came from a too large minimum width of the frame. By defining this constant to 0, the frame is now fitting to its content automatically (i#93786)
Page borders import
The page borders weren't imported at all: it is now fixed. Here are some screenshots to better understand what happened. The test document is attached to the issue i#00176.
Page borders in Word 2007
Page borders imported in OOo
Page Borders imported with OdfConverter
Page borders import fixed
A CWS for all those fixes
As it starts to make a small amount of changes to the code, I have also created a CWS to up-stream the changes: writerfilter32bugfixes01.